By Aman Abdalla
As-salāmu ʿAlaykum wa-Raḥmatu -llāhi wa-Barakātuh
We are already at the last days of the blessed month of Ramadan. Inshaa-Allah you, your families & your loved ones are in the best of health & Iman!
EMC Health Group has some information that we have compiled & would like to share with our community members.
● Summertime & warm weather is approaching but we should still stick to social distancing when outdoors.
● When at work & in stores we must continue social distancing, wearing masks & washing hands or using hand sanitizer when water & soap are unavailable.
● Some of our elders might still be using handkerchiefs (mendeel) & not washing their hands in between. This is environmentally friendly & economical; but it’s preferred to use tissue paper instead. If tissue paper is not available, we can use a stack of mendeel made from old clothes. Wash, dry, reuse!
● Let’s also put down the toilet seat cover when we flush the toilet. This will prevent our waste matter from spraying into the air around us. Researchers have found that the viral particles were isolated in the fecal matter! They are not sure yet if these particles can cause COVID-19.
● During wudu (ablution), it is important that we wash our hands with warm water & soap for at least 20 seconds first. Wipe & clean all areas that you have touched before the next person can use it. This is very important if you are in quarantine, if you have our elderly in the house, or you have someone in your household who has underlying risk factors